- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g soft crab meat (fresh, frozen or canned)
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes, blended
- 100 mL milk
- 120g crumb bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- scallop shells
- lime wedges for serving
Step 1 – Season the crab meat with lemon juice.
Step 2 – Soak the bread in milk.
Step 3 – Sauté in butter or virgin oil the onion and the garlic, finely chopped. Add crab meat, coriander, soaked bread, chopped parsley tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid reduces down (without drying out). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4 – Stuff the scallop shells. If you like you can sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown and serve hot.